Safe Sam's Orchard Spice Bars "Apple Pie Ally" Flavor Recipe © Safe Sam's 2018
- 1. Start with either a 12 count cupcake pan or brownie bar pan, whatever you have, or want to use. You will not be using cupcake liners!
- 2. Spray it with a non stick cooking spray. I like to use one that is not soy based.
- 3. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 4. In a blender or food processor add: 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened applesauce,1 1/2 cups of steamed carrots, 1 1/2 cups of garbonzo beans, 9 prunes, and 3 TBSP of pure 100% maple syrup and blend it until it is smooth.
- 5. In a separate bowl, add: 3/4 C of flax seed, 3 TBSP brown sugar and 3 TBSP of white sugar, 1/2 TSP of ginger, 1 TSP of salt and 2 TSP of cinnamon
- 6. Add wet mixture from the food processor or blender, whichever you used, to the dry mixture and mix until blended well.
- 7. Fill 1/4 c measuring cup with the batter and distribute 1/4 c into each individual chamber.You will have some batter left over, this is normal.
- 8. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, but do check after 45-50 minutes to make sure they do not burn because all ovens are different! Your home will smell amazing, you're welcome.
- 9. Let cool for one hour and take out of pan by flipping the entire thing onto parchment paper, or individually lifting them out.
These snack bars have a shelf life for 3 months when frozen. Please let the bars cool completely before bagging and freezing. You can enjoy the bars frozen, or let them thaw 30 minutes for softest texture for sensitive teeth. If you thaw a bar and do not refreeze it, make sure to consume it within 5 days or discard.
*Note nutritional information provided is for 1 bar using of 1/4 c batter baked. Safe Sam's® bars have undergone third party nutritional and shelf life testing.
Enjoy! Be on the lookout for "Don't Beet Yourself Up"© 2018 and "Squash The Negativity"© 2018 flavors coming soon!